Executive Chef / Executive Chef cum Corporate Chef
To provide innovative and artistically superior, and cost-efficient food and beverage products that enhance the reputation of all the food outlets, at the same time meeting the established quality and presentation standards. The position will be based out of the Kumaon region.
- Plan and Budget the food costs for all the F & B outlets
- Create a work environment that is high in employee morale and provides constant learning & development and use the feedback from Employee Satisfaction Survey to draw an action plan.
- Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction
- Recruitment and Performance Appraisal/ Management of the staff in the department.
- Establish quality and quantity standards for food preparation & presentation.
- Develop and Standardize new recipes in order to add variety to the F & B outlets.
- Devise methods for optimal use of raw materials & fuel and maintain the budgeted food cost.
- Ensure the availability of stock and raw materials through proper planning and coordination with the Purchase department.
- Monitor adherence to Safety, Hygiene and Cleanliness standards.
- Work in association with the F & B Manager in the area of Promotions, Food Festivals, Menu planning & Pricing.
- Work closely with the Purchase Manager for developing Standard Purchase Specifications, Vendor Development & Evaluation etc.
- Coordinate with the Chief Engineer for Preventive Maintenance, Procurement of new equipment, Energy consumption etc.
- Ensure through regular monitoring of guest feedback, prompt, efficient and accurate service to all guests along with the best quality products.
- Staff and Schedule staff in order to optimize manpower.
- Review the monthly business reports and develop a work plan.
- Develop departmental trainers in association with the training department & oversee all the training activities within the department.
- Address any grievance and counselling issues among the department staff.
- Stay informed about the new developments in the world of cuisine, cooking techniques, kitchen equipment etc.
- Identify key communities, plan various initiatives and coordinate the support activities.
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management.
- Thorough knowledge of different cuisines, cooking styles, hygiene & safety standards.
- Knowledge of various aspects of food and nutrition, calorie values etc.
- Techniques in quantity food production and dispensing.
- Inventory management & Budgeting.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Food Costing and Menu pricing techniques.
- Kitchen Planning & Design.
- Progression through various positions in the food production department and a minimum of 4 - 6 years experience in managing kitchens of International Brands in North India only. Having worked in Uttarakhand will be an added advantage.
- Implementing new F&B concepts, in the form of themes in speciality restaurants, coffee shops etc.
- Exposure to international F & B production.
- If fitting into a Corporate role too(dual responsibility), should be willing to travel for a minimum of 15 days to other Group Hotels