Corporate Chef - Bakery & Patisserie
To provide innovative and artistically superior, and cost-efficient Bakery & Patisserie products that enhance the reputation of all the food outlets in the Group, at the same time meeting the established quality and Global standards. The position will be based out of Corbett
- Plan and Budget the food costs for all the F & B outlets for the relevant areas under his/her purview working closely with the Unit Chefs, Unit Executive Chefs/ Corporate Chef.
- Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Establish quality and quantity Global standards for all products related to Bakery & Patisserie.
- Develop and Standardize new recipes in order to add variety to the F & B outlets.
- Devise methods for optimal use of raw materials & fuel and maintain the budgeted food cost.
- Ensure the availability of stock and raw materials through proper planning and coordination with the Purchase department.
- Monitor adherence to Safety, Hygiene and Cleanliness standards.
- Work in association with the Unit Chefs/Corporate Chef in the area of Promotions, Food Festivals, Menu planning & Pricing.
- Work closely with the Purchase Manager for developing Standard Purchase Specifications, Vendor Development & Evaluation etc.
- Ensure through regular monitoring of guest feedback, Unit Chef and Unit Managers
- Staff and Schedule staff in order to optimize manpower in conjunction with Unit Chefs/Corporate Chef
- Address any grievance and counselling issues among the department staff.
- Stay informed about the new developments in the world of cuisine, cooking techniques, kitchen equipment etc.
- Identify key communities, plan various initiatives and coordinate the support activities.
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management.
- Knowledge of various aspects of food and nutrition, calorie values etc.
- Techniques in quantity food production and dispensing.
- Inventory management & Budgeting.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Food Costing and Menu pricing techniques.
- Kitchen Planning & Design.
- Progression through various positions in the Bakery & Patisserie with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in similar roles in International Brands in North India only. Having worked in Uttarakhand will be an added advantage.
- Implementing new concepts, in the form of themes for the F&B offerings
- Exposure to international Operation
- Should be willing to travel for a minimum of 20 days to other Group Hotels