A part of the Gangotri National Park, the valley is now opened in daytime for about six vehicles carrying six people in a vehicle.
After the aggression from China in 1962, Bhutiya villagers were rehabilitated to Dunda and other locations in Uttarkashi and army posts were set up in villages on the border. But now, after more than 50 years, adventure enthusiast can get a chance to enjoy the beauty of the valley and get glimpses of exotic wildlife such as Himalayan blue sheep and snow leopards etc.
An important point for cross-border traders pre-war, Nelang valley still has structures which are related to the old trade route. Gartang Galion, a wooden bridge and the Lal Devta temple are such points in the area which fall on the route for Tibet.
Guests can board safari jeeps for travelling to Nelang Valley from Bhairavghati which is 25 Km ride. As the valley re-opens now, guests can also get a chance to see Tibetan plateau.
NELANG VALLEY SAFARI
5 Days/4 Nights
Day 1: Delhi – Rishikesh (245 Kms/6hrs)
Meet and greet at Hotel Aloha on the Ganges, Rishikesh followed by welcome drink. Check in to your pre-allotted rooms followed by lunch. The rest of the day is free for you to explore the city on your own. Evening Arti at Parmarth Niketan can be an option. Dinner & Overnight at Aloha on the Ganges, Rishikesh
Day 2: Rishikesh – Harsil (280 Kms, 8 hrs)
After breakfast, we will proceed to Harsil – one the most beautiful valleys in the world. En-route we will stop at Gangnani for hot water spring dip. Overnight at The Chardham Camp, Harsil
Day 3: Harsil – Gangotri - Nelang Valley Safari – Harsil
After early breakfast, we shall drive for about 20 kms to reach Gangotri temple. We offer the guests to do the prayers at Gangotri temple and reach Bhairon Ghati wherein we will park our vehicles. We will be taking jeeps from the forest department and take a day trip to Nelang valley with picnic lunch. We will reach back in the campsite by 5 pm today.
Evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the campsite.
Day 4: Harsil – Rishikesh (280 Kms, 8 hrs)
After early breakfast, we will proceed to Rishikesh. Lunch en-route. Overnight at The Aloha on the Ganges, Rishikesh.
Day 5: Rishikesh – Delhi
After a leisurely breakfast free time to pack your luggage and memories and depart for onward destination
Includes the following services:
- Accommodation in spacious all weather proof, independent, thatched roof, luxury tents (16’X12’) and respective hotels
- Daily breakfast, lunch & Dinner
- Attached baths and toilets with running Hot & Cold water
- Multi cuisine dining facilities
- Hot water bottles as sun down service
- Guided visit to shrine
- First aid at camps with oxygen cylinders
- Escorted walk and visit to nearby places
- STD/ISD confere4ncing facilities at the Camps
- Well structured activity blocks for Aarti, Religious discourses etc
- All arrangements including monument fee, Guide and mules for transporting equipment and members’ luggage etc.
The above price does not include the following services:
- Any transport/transfers
- Train fare/ Airfare to/ from Haridwar.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Use of mini-bar in the hotel rooms wherever applicable
- Any optional trips other than specified in the program.
- Any en-route or personal expenses such as alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, tips & gratuities, laundry etc.
- Personal equipment like clothes, shoes, daypacks, personal medical kit etc.
- Any exigency expenses due to reasons beyond our normal control
- Any other item not specified above
Terms & Conditions
- All Prices are in Indian Rupees.
- All tours are subject to terms and conditions mentioned on the booking form in our brochure.
- Tour prices are valid for Indian Nationals & Foreigners holding Indian Resident Permit
Meticulous planning, emphasis on every little possible detail will give you a hassle-free tour with us. We are very sure that once you have discovered the unusual advantages of Leisure Hotels, you will never want to take a trip any other way again. We believe in turning the dreams into reality
- Major and must-see sights along with ample of leisure time to explore on your own
- Team comprises of local experts – who extensively know the terrain
- Campsite/resorts/hotels are selected with extra care, so that you can relax comfortably in clean and beautiful environment
- More than 24 years of experience in showing traveler the selected destination
- 98% of satisfaction ratio on our guest’s post-vacation survey
Please note small changes in itineraries may be necessary due to unforeseen circumstances. However modification, if any, will be made in the best interests of the group or individual and you will be fully informed of any changes.
Normally our groups will vary from 10 to 30 participants. The minimum number of persons required to operate a tour is mentioned under the itineraries. However, in certain circumstances, depending on the tour, we will operate at less than the minimum number in order to avoid disappointment to our guests.