Guests often have a lot of questions about the Char Dham Yatra and we at Leisure Hotels, are here to aid you through your Char Dham journey.
Q. 1 When does The Char Dham Yatra begin?
A. 1 The Char Dham yatra opens on the auspicious day of Akshay Tritiya of Chaitya month and remains open until the day of Bhai Dooj (two days of Diwali).
Q. 2 How long do the Yatra take?
A. 2 Depending on your starting point, the yatra will take you 11 to 12 days. The Char Dham yatra begins with a visit to Yamunotri Dham - the holy shrine dedicated to goddess Yamuna. You can choose to start your yatra from Delhi, Haridwar, Rishikesh and Dehradun according to your convenience.
Q. 3 Which places will be covered as part of The Char Dham Yatra?
- The Char Dham yatra begins with a visit to Yamunotri Dham- the holy shrine dedicated to goddess Yamuna.
- A 36 Km drive from Barkot, followed by a 7 km trek will get you to the place where the river Yamuna is said to have originated. Barkot also connects to Uttarkashi from which is just about 100 Kms from the Gangotri Dham- the next stop in your yatra.
- Kedarnath can be driven to from Rudraprayag, which is about 180 Kms from Uttarkashi. A 21 km trek up the mountain will take you to awe-inspiring Kedarnath Dham.
- Rudraprayag is also just 160 Kms away from Badrinath Dham, which is the final dham in your yatra. From Badrinath, there are a number of routes that’ll lead you back to Delhi via Haridwar.
- (If you’re not able to accommodate all four dhams in your itinerary, Badrinath Dham and Kedarnath Dham are definitely the best ones to visit.)
Q. 4 Which the best place to camp in during the Char Dham Yatra?
A.4 Char Dham Camps by Leisure Hotels is one of the best options for your stay during your Char Dham Yatra. These camps are strategically located close to all the shrines. These camps are well-equipped with running hot water and free Wi-Fi.
Q. 5 Atwhattime, do the Char Dham Rituals start?
- The rituals at the Char Dhams begin early in the morning at 4:30 A.M with the Abhishek Aarti
- They open for darshan for the general public usually between 7 A.M./ 8 A.M. and remain open up to 8:30 P.M., when the Shayan aartis are performed
- There is an afternoon recess between 1 to 4 pm. Guests are advised to head back to their accommodations by 6 as the weather gets cold
Q. 6 What are the other places of interest that can be covered during the Chardham Yatra?
- 19 Kms from Gangotri, Gaumukh, the sacred snout of the Gangotri Glacier, is one such place
- Tapovan, a beautiful golden meadow resting above the Gangotri Glacier can also be visited during your trip. You can also have a nice view of Bhagirathi Peaks from Tapovan Meadow
- Bhauravnath Temple, Vasuki Tal - a mountain lake 8 km from Kedarnath, Chopta, Auli, Hemkund Sahib, The Valley of Flowers National Park are all picturesque regions that can be covered during your yatra
Q. 7 What points should I keep in my mind before embarking on my Char Dham Yatra?
- Age bracket between 7 and 65 years
- Medical certification required
- Camps are equipped with first-aid kits and oxygen cylinders, but we advise that you carry one oxygen cylinder for the journey
- Trekking shoes are a necessity
Warm jackets, Sweaters, Gloves, Woollen Socks, raincoats are also a must as the weather can get chilly
Q. 8 How feasible is it to take parents and grandparents along?
- The route is straight from Haridwar via Rishikesh
- Plenty of buses are available, but it is better to take a taxi when traveling with senior citizens
- The route comes across certain steep climbs at a height of about 1000 feet
- It is advised to carry medicines along with plenty of water and food
- Badrinath can be reached by foot easily, but for senior citizens there are alternate options like "pithu"
Q. 9 Can people above 50 years with a good health handle theKedarnathTrek?
- It is a 21-kilometre trek one way, which is quite a lot of distance for a senior citizen
- It is a difficult trek but people with a good health can handle this
- You will have to spend one night in Kedarnath Ji place as the entire trek cannot be covered in one day
Q. 10 Is the trip suitable for heart patients?
- The trip is not suitable for heart patients by foot, the best way is to take a helicopter
- The 2 destinations becomes very tiring and hence helicopter would be the best option
Q. 11 What kind of medical facilities are provided in the Yatra?
A. 11 In the Char Dham camps, there are first aid services along with oxygen cylinders
Q. 12 How can I Book my Char Dham tour?
A. 12 It is very easy to book your tour. You can do it simply by filling the Reservation form on our website. We also provide assistance by call and an email.
Q. 13 How can I choose the dates?
A. 13 You can choose any of the given dates to join our The Char Dham tours.
Q. 14 Are the meals included in The Char Dham tour packages?
A. 14 Meals will be available as per the itinerary
Q. 15 Is anything extra to be paid during the tour?
A. 15 As per the itinerary, services like poney, palaki, helicopter services and pooja arrangements are included in the price. You have to pay for the personal expenses yourself.
Q. 16 Is it safe to send my old parents to the tours?
A. 16 It is safe to join the tours if your parents are healthy and are not on any kind of medication
Q. 17 Do you have exclusive packages for The Char Dham tour?
A. 17 Yes, we do have exclusive tours packages for The Char Dham yatra
Q. 18 What is the minimum no of people you require for The Char Dham tour?
A. 18 We require at least 5 people for The Char Dham tour
Q. 19 What kind of vehicle you provide for the tour?
A. 19 We provide vehicle according to number of people booked for any particular departure. Example, for four people we provide a 4+1 seated vehicle
Q. 20 Can special pooja be arranged on request?
A. 20 Yes, if you desire to perform special pooja at any of the temple during your Char Dham tour, we can arrange that for you
Q. 21 Can the payment be done after finishing the tour?
A. 21 No, the full amount needs to paid in advance during the booking
Q. 22 Can I join The Char Dham tour from Haridwar?
A. 22 Yes, you can join The Char Dham tour from Haridwar also
Q. 23 Are The Char Dham tours accompanied by a guide?
A. 23 As per the itinerary, The Char Dham tours are accompanied by a guide or we will provide you a driver-cum-guide
Q. 24 What should I bring for Char Dham Yatra darshan?
A. 24 Kindly refer to the Char Dham Dates and Facts section in the website
Q. 25 I am from Mumbai; will you be able to arrange my Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai travel Arrangements?
A. 25 Yes, We will arrange that for you with extra charges