As the name suggests, The Chardhams comprises of following four places of religious importance for the hindus:
- Yamunotri - The birthplace of the River Yamuna
- Gangotri - The birthplace of the Holy River Ganga
- Kedarnath - The territory of Lord Shiva
- Badrinath - A place sacred to Lord Vishnu
Chardham Yatra during winter
The deities from all four Dhams – Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri – are relocated to shrines of Ukhimath, Pandukeshwar (Joshimath), Mukhva and Kharsali,and respectively for the six months of winter.Apart from the Yatra or Darshan,the devotes will also be delighted to experience the beauty of the snow- capped Himalayas, which is unmatched view during winters. There are zero chance of natural calamities like cloudburst and floods etc in winter, hence providing the pilgrimage in this period of time is a safer version. The pilgrimage can also enjoy winter sports, exciting views of snow clad peaks, local cultural programs such as fairs, festivals, Kaurav puja and Pandav dance etc. which would certainly help in acquainting with the local culture more closely.
Key Strengths to run the “The winter Chardham Yatra”
- Leisure Camps is a part of a decade old business house with experience in hotels of over 24 years.
- Already has experience in running camps at 6 locations for the last 9 years.
- Detailed and well documented operational procedures and staff training allows delegation of operations to camp managers
- Trained teams to ensure quickly launching operations in several locations
- Experience in operating in spiritual tourism, leisure and adventure tourism, corporate conferences and training
- Extensive relationships and credibility within the travel industry, large network of travel agents familiar with our properties and our operations