Position: Sales Manager
Responsible To: Head-Sales
Job Description: As a Sales manager you are responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel. Also develops strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue.
Identify areas of opportunity in performance and recommend tools and sales training to optimize performance of sales team. Additionally work with individual hotel teams to identify skill development areas and properly deploy sales and marketing resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Corporate and Travel Agent Room Sales for the hotel
- Clear understanding of the hotels business strategies then set goals and to determine action plans to meet those goals
- Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
- Represent Hotels in various events and exhibition.
- Implements all sales action plans related to my market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Conducts daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to hotels by corporate clients.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business
- Work closely with Revenue Manager to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Develop strong relationships with on property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities..
- Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24 hour response time line to clients
Experience: 6 - 8 years
Position: Training Manager
Category: Departmental Head
Responsible To: General Manager
Job Description: Responsible to ensure the proper training of all staff , supervisors and Management from the Hotel so that every level and every category of employee’s professional competence in his job in terms of knowledge, skills and attitudes, is geared to meet the company’s standard
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To design, co-ordinate and implement training activities for the staff, supervisors and management of the entire Hotel
- To identify the training needs of staff , supervisors and management
- To conduct induction and other suitable training programmes for all new employees
- To organise safety, fire prevention and control programmes for all employees
- To organise programmes for staff on methods , procedures and systems in guest handling, selling, cost consciousness, F&B Service, Food production, housekeeping, front office etc
- To organise periodic supervisory / executive development programmes
- To co-ordinate with departmental heads on various training programmes
- To have adequate information so as to be able to recommend external training programmes which might be of value in enhancing the professional capabilities of employees in the Hotel and by application of which the Hotel would benefit
- To conduct tests departmentally and submit proficiency reports
- To conduct audit report of the Hotel.
- To carry out daily spot checks on all departments to see that what has been taught in the classes is being applied on the job and discuss with the concerned departmental heads any problem that the employees may have
- To maintain liaison with catering institutes in India to keep abreast of developments in any field, and also to co-ordinate the Training of industrial trainees
- To supervise, plan and co-ordinate the training of all Industrial trainees in the Hotel
- To analyse guest complaints for identifying areas which require improvement, and handling training requirements for these areas
- To maintain a Hotel library and collection of slides, films and other training aids.
- To consciously and constantly develop better training material so as to make the training sessions more informative and enjoyable
- To send monthly MIS report to the G.M
Unit Finance Controller
Position: Unit Finance Controller
Category: Department Head
Responsible To: General Manager
To administer, control and develop the accounting function of the Hotel on the basis of the uniform system of accounts and to protect the owners interest in the hotel assets & operations. Well versed with modern accounting systems & procedures with expertise in finalization of Head Office/Units Accounts, and handling Income Tax, Sales Tax, Service Tax, WCT and TDS work. A keen analyst with exceptional negotiation & relationship management skills and abilities in liaising with Banks, Financial Institutions & other external agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Hotels accounting and control.
- Timely processing review evaluation and approval of all inputs which will result in the production and distribution of monthly financial
- statements and reports / GMML including review / preparation of all account analysis on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate, finalize and submit periodic ( 3 month outlook ) forecasts of operating results
- Prepare and analyze the monthly cash flow statement and forecasts.
- Implement and administer internal control systems policies and procedures in compliance with corporate policies to ensure that the
- company and owners interest in the property and business are safeguarded.
- Review and approve all purchase commitments cash disbursements rebates allowances and accounting adjustments in conjunction with General Manager, in compliance with internal control policy and budgetary guidelines.
- Complete the fiscal year end audit working papers and manage the external audit.
- Certifying the TDS certificate and filling all returns as per income tax act
- Renewal of all licenses related to Hotel business as per Law.
- Finalising the annual contract with supplier.
- Monitor compliance of agreement.
- Monitor and ensure statuary compliance of states.
- Periodical visits to the Banks/Excise Office/Sales Tax office and maintaining good liaison with them
- Manage the Hotels working capital to maximize cash inflows and minimize cash outflows to protect the interest of LHL and owners without compromising product quality.
- Candidate should have a MBA/BCOM degree in Finance
- 7+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Functional Area: Accounts, Finance, Tax, Secretary, Audit
- Industry: Travel/Hotels/ Airlines
- Through knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user and administration
He/she will be responsible in revenue maximization, determine pricing, promotions and identifying new distribution opportunities for the Group. Involve in implementation of business plans & development, product strategy and will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Reservations, Front Office & Trade partners.
- Manage and maintain inventory for the group
- Develop, monitor, and adjust sales and pricing strategies
- Provide critical analysis of strategies, room's statistics and demand factors
- Conduct competitive and demand analysis
- Maintain distribution channel data integrity.
- Strong hold on Microsoft Office.
- Independently implements appropriate hotel inventory distribution strategy; maintains accurate rates and inventory allotments in CRS/GDS/CM/PMS to promote rate parity across all distribution channels.
- Create occupancy reports, financial statement and any other related reports
- Attend weekly Sales Meeting to maintain communication of strategies.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field.
- Candidate should have 2-4 years of revenue management experience at multi-property level, strong managementskills and ability to prioritize work. Should have experienced in managing third party channels, GDS, central reservation systems, and property management systems.
- The candidate will interact remotely with hotels, interact frequently with corporate brand representation and will arrange training on revenue management best practices across the group.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate ideas in verbal and written presentations. The position will have a demonstrated ability to lead initiatives and show skills in follow up, multi-tasking, leadership and accountability for team performance.
Mr. Praveen Sharma
Tel: +91 11 4652 0019 () | +91 11 4652 0000
Fax: +91 11 4652 0050
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org