Undisturbed by the mechanical roar of a car or jeep, open to the skies and the elements and accompanied only by the rhythmic scuff - scuff - scuff of elephant's feet and the creaks of the wooden howdah. The far off trumpets of wild elephants calling to each other can make you hanging tight to the iron safety beam of the howdah. The ride can be a mix of long periods of utter peace interspersed with moments of pure terror. An exclusive safari in the periphery areas of Corbett Tiger reserve - the Elephant Safari takes you through mysterious thick forests, deep valleys and the rugged trails that offer a lingering thrill to the adventure seeker. This is enhanced by the cultural enigma of the land.
We take you to this thrilling elephant safari in the style of yesteryears, from the first ray of the rising sun to evening's deepest glow; the landscape unravels the untaught harmony of the primitive wild. The grandeur of the' British Raj' is relived in old forest rest houses (FRH) built in 1890's, which compliments the aura with lanterns and fireplaces instead of electricity ,supplemented with hot buckets baths to add to your comforts .To satiate the jungle appetite you are accompanied by our cook specialized in Indian and continental cuisine. For transport and back up service we provide 4 WD jeeps that are best suited for the rugged terrain of Corbett.
The abundant bird life, the mysterious wild and the picturesque valley come together to offer a romance hitherto unseen, unheard or untold. To enhance this unique experience, a well versed wild life naturalist accompanies you.
- Durgadevi, Lohachaur, Kanda, Halduparao, Dhikala
Lohachaur / Kanda / Halduparao FRH have basic accommodation on Twin / Triple sharing basis with non-flushing, Indian style toilets. Our support team of 6 persons including Naturalist, Driver, and Attendant & Chef apart from mahout would be there to assist you for your wilderness programme. Our hotel would provide the linen & other toiletries to you.
The food served on the elephant safari itinerary consists of a great variety, with special emphasis on the freshness of produce. You not only get to choose from a wide variety of Continental and Indian cuisines, but also savour specialties of the Kumaon region from time to time. Food is primarily vegetarion inside the forest. However egg is served on the trip
Masseurs during safari
We also provide masseurs at extra cost during the safari.
- USD 650 per person per night on twin/triple share basis for minimum five nights stay
- USD 800 per person per night on single occupancy basis
- Below 5 Years - 02 Children below 5 years are complimentary
- Between 5-12 years – USD 250 per night without extra elephant
Terms and conditions
- The operation of the itinerary and route is subject to the approval of forest authorities
- Maximum strength on one elephant safari is 6 persons including kids
- Maximum strength on Elephant Safari is 03 adults
- A non-refundable advance of 50% will be required for the confirmation of the booking
- The tariff does not include transport from Delhi to Corbett and back
- Itinerary is valid only from 30 th Nov – 30th April of subsequent year excluding 24 December – 2nd January. Elephant Safari IV is operational from 13th Nov itself.
Program Duration Route
Elephant Safari I – 6 Nights / 7 Days – Durgadevi-Lohahcuar- Kanda- Halduparao
Elephant Safari II – 6 Nights / 7 Days – Durgadevi-Jamun-Lohachaur-Kanda-Dhikala
Elephant Safari III – 5 Nights / 6 Days – Dhikala-Rathudaba-Halduparao
Elephant Safari IV – 5 Nights / 6 Days – Durga Devi-Jamun-Dhikala